Wednesday, December 6, 2023

BEST CAVIAR BIRTHDAY EVER!

 Keep the past present…

Opening the pages of a book

As if given a gift

Though difficult to explain

Knowing becomes magical

Often, when we least expected

Another’s writings stimulate

Forever yours to read well

From a great distance

An old story

A new storyteller has to tell

Surprise becomes a man’s theme

I do muse

Often times a lot

From many years in my past

Reliving a scene or two

This lady recalled a distant muse of mine.

Did cypher from my personal remembrance space musings

Hers became mine

From thirty-one years of trying

What partial divines has wrought

Mere musings of this storyteller

My ninetieth birthday

November 28, 2023

 

Thank you, Catherine! It was sublime!

 

A person with white hair and a mustache

Description automatically generated 

 

“da harv”

 

And to all of my friends out there who took part in the Cathy Kalmenson & Kalmenson home movie celebration of my 90th birthday, one more “muse”.

(All I ask) “Please say hello to anyone out there who knows me”.

 

-      Harvey Kalmenson.

No comments:

Post a Comment